Use the InstaMed Connect Batch API over Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
- InstaMed Connect supports versions 3 through 5 of SFTP (versions 1 and 2 are not currently used) on the SSH 2 protocol.
- InstaMed Connect also supports FTPS (i.e., FTP over TLS), which is a commonly used extension of the FTP protocol with added support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption.
Systems access the InstaMed Connect site to upload and/or download files. Additionally, distinct directories are available for each account or group within an account to ensure confidentiality of data.
- Production Environment Host Name: connect.instamed.com
- Staging Environment Host Name: connect-staging.instamed.com
The InstaMed Connect Batch Interface supports the following authentication mechanisms for each account:
- Username (not including a domain) and password
- Public Key Authentication, using an RSA Public key of 1024, 2048 or 4096 bit length
InstaMed Connect Secure FTP (SFTP) leverages the following ports:
- Port: 22 for username + password authentication
- Port: 2201 for public key authentication
InstaMed Connect uses explicit, passive FTP over TLS (FTPS), leveraging the following ports:
- Session Control Port: 21
- Inbound Data Port Range: 28000-30000