Remittance files can be delivered to InstaMed on a regular cycle, generally daily or weekly.
Remittance files go through two levels of validation checks:
- Validation 1: WEDI SNIP (Type 1 – EDI Integrity) and (Type 2 – Implementation Guide Testing) validates both the syntactical integrity of the submission and that the EDI conforms to the Washington Publishing Company implementation guide-specific requirements.
- 999 functional acknowledgements are sent to your SFTP site to indicate rejected/accepted records
- If file is accepted, you will receive Remittance Advice – Accepted email
- If file is rejected, you will receive Remittance Advice – Rejected email
- You will have to correct and resubmit file
- If a file passes, the file will be available in the pending funding tab and you will receive the Pending Funding Notification email
- If a file does not pass, the file is posted to portal under a SUSPENDED status and you will receive ERA Suspended Notification email.
835 File Format
The remittance file should be in X12 835 format (version 005010X221A1). For more information, consult the Washington Publishing Company implementation guide for 835 Health Care Claim Payment/Advice
Multiple “payers” can be included in a single file.
InstaMed supports proprietary file formats. Requests will be assessed on a case by case basis.