Google Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Google Inc. that allows non iOS users to make payments using their compatible device. Google Pay will work with Visa’s PayWave, Mastercard’s PayPass, and American Express’s ExpressPay terminals and InstaMed’s consumer portal pay.instamed.com.
Mobile provider payment apps can hand control of the payment transaction to Google Pay form. The payment provider decrypts payment data and submits an encrypted data block to InstaMed.
Security: RSA/public key encryption and tokenization
Compliance: Greatest amount of scope reduction under current PCI rules
The below workflow describes the process when Google Pay is selected as a payment method in pay.instamed.com.
- When the user presses the Google Pay button the following is performed
- Create payment request including: Amount, Google Pay Merchant ID and Description
- Initialize Google Pay UI Controller with the payment request
- Implement Callback method
- Set UI Controller delegate = self
- Hand control to Google Pay UI controller
- Google Pay UI is displayed. The user selects the card and confirms payment. Google Pay then invokes the callback method with the encrypted data block.
- App sends encrypted data block to InstaMed to convert into a single use token.
- App sends single use token with payment request to InstaMed.
- InstaMed decrypts the token, processes the payment and returns a response.
- App receives a response and displays receipt.